The JFS Chaplaincy Program provides spiritual connection and support for Jewish residents in Capital Region long-term and elder care facilities. The breadth of services includes:
- Providing pastoral care and counseling for residents.
- Visits with individuals who are otherwise unaffiliated, isolated and disconnected from Jewish life.
- Providing programming on Jewish topics for residents.
- Consultation/education with facility staff on Jewish traditions, holiday preparations and food guidelines/restrictions to help them become more culturally sensitive to Jewish residents and their needs.
- Collaboration with Jewish and non-Jewish professionals in the community.
If you know someone in need of spiritual care, please contact our Jewish Community Chaplain,
Rabbi Ami Monson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is provided in partnership with:
- Daughters of Sarah Community for Seniors
- Temple Israel
- Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York
- B’nai B’rith Gideon Foundation
- Theodore Strauss Fund
- A restricted fund of the Jewish Community Endowment Fund of the Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York