The JFS Chaplaincy Program provides spiritual connection and support for Jewish residents in Capital Region long-term and elder care facilities. The breadth of services includes:
- Providing pastoral care and counseling for residents.
- Visits with individuals who are otherwise unaffiliated, isolated and disconnected from Jewish life.
- Providing programming on Jewish topics for residents.
- Consultation/education with facility staff on Jewish traditions, holiday preparations and food guidelines/restrictions to help them become more culturally sensitive to Jewish residents and their needs.
- Collaboration with Jewish and non-Jewish professionals in the community.
Read the 2021 High Holidays JFS Jewish Journal here.
If you know someone in need of spiritual care, please contact our Jewish Community Chaplain,
Rabbi Ami Monson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is provided in partnership with:
- Daughters of Sarah Community for Seniors
- Temple Israel
- Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York
- B’nai B’rith Gideon Foundation
- Theodore Strauss Fund
- A restricted fund of the Jewish Community Endowment Fund of the Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York