This is a scary and uncertain time for us all. We are all having to learn a new normal…with directives regarding COVID-19 changing every day. For many of you, your family and friends, it’s also threatening mental health and emotional well-being and sparking serious questions about food access and long-term care options for older adults.
JFS is open and supporting community needs. We are:
- grocery shopping for older adults and those with underlying health conditions
- connecting to essential doctors
- answering critical questions and
- providing counseling and virtual support groups
JFS professionals will now offer expanded virtual support, with added hours on Fridays and Sundays. We are partnering with Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York to increase our volunteer capacity to meet community needs.
Please use this form if you know of a specific individual who needs immediate help or:
- To access our clinicians at JFS, please call us at 518.482.8856 to schedule a telephone appointment
- For grocery and essentials requests, to access rides for essential doctors’ visits or related support through Project 5, please call us at 518.514.2143.
- To speak with a Senior Resource Network specialist, please call 518.482.8856.
We are creating resource flyers on stress management, self-care, getting help, and more. They will be posted on our website and on Facebook (@JFSNENY).
Thank you for sharing this information as we work together to help those who need it most.
If you are able to subsidize our efforts to support our community, please donate to our Emergency Assistance Fund. More than ever, we are counting on your support as the urgent demand for services increases.