Graphic Design, Communications and Social Media
Jewish Family Services is welcoming applications for graphic design and / or communications students to join the team on a very part-time basis to work with our team to improve outreach.
- Research and develop relevant content for social media to boost awareness of JFS and increase followers.
- Create a database of communications media including newspapers, synagogue newsletters, e-new, websites and social media.
- Create/research new media opportunities and messaging to convey the work of JFS.
- Develop compelling, exciting images to portray the work of Jewish Family Services online and in print.
- Coordinate with Director of Marketing, in coordination with President & CEO, to conceptualize projects.
- Minimum one-year or equivalent of graphic design training or classwork
- Software experience helpful: Microsoft Office Suite and / or Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with email platforms (e.g., Constant Contact, Mail Chimp) a plus
- Willingness to learn agency priorities
- Able to work in a collaborative team relationship
- Able to work flexible hours and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Able to work remotely
Excellent interpersonal skills
All potential interns, volunteers and employees of Jewish Family Services are subject to a criminal background check.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with relevant work sample to: email@example.com and or:
Human Resources, Jewish Family Services, 877 Madison Ave, Albany, NY 12208
JFS offers two types of internships:
- From time-to-time, part-time, unpaid volunteer internship opportunities suitable for undergraduate or graduate students are available. (Apply two months in advance.)
- Formal internships/externships and fellowships for undergraduates and graduate students, postgrads and doctoral candidates. These internships are coordinated through local colleges and universities including Hudson Valley Community College, Maria College, The College of Saint Rose and The State University of New York at Albany, and new for the coming year, Albany Medical College. Additional internship possibilities may also be available.
Please call JFS to learn how and internship can enrich your college education: 518-482-8856.